Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My heart is in my vagina...

Meredith Grey recently said “you can’t have sex with a man without having feelings for him…your heart is in your vagina!” Well one of the best series ever made just summed up the simplicity of a woman in 6 words…your heart is in your vagina!

Who needs therapy?

Rebounds?

A one night stand?

Women cannot have meaningless sex with a man, well this is what I believe anyway…I highly doubt that a women can walk away feeling pumped up full of ego, arrogance and a McSteamy way of thinking…charming smile, swagger and bad girl complex does not bode well with the female sex – it does not look good on us…well not as good as a pair of skinny jeans and fuck me heels do, that’s for sure!

Cat’s out the bag…I’ve never had a one night stand! This is pretty much out of fear for what I may be getting my sorry set of emotions involved in…I’ve done the 3 week fling and 4am booty calls and it certainly sent my knees wobbling and toes curling in pure ecstasy but nothing was more exciting than knowing I had my guy at home, the same guy I’d have multiple times over and over in however many months *and ways*– that’s a turn on in itself and where my emotions were blinded for a few months my heart soared for what felt like years! I’d like to think that my vajay-jay knew what it was getting into at the time but my heart was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Society would call me a prude…Samantha a la Sex and the City would probably equate my sexual experience to that of a nun *well in her sex terms that is* but I wouldn’t trade in my ‘vagina’ for a random night of sex even if it were Stefan Salvadore or god forbid, a freak bump in the night with my ex. Okay wait…I may just let the vampire sink his teeth into me, he is quite delicious! But think about it, have you ever walked away after a onetime thing with your emotions in check? There must be some sentiment where you wonder ‘what if’ or ‘should I call him’ or even low and behold you left your phone number and were left waiting for him to dial the forbidden digits! Let’s be honest…he’s only thinking of one digit and it’s not the 10 digit mobile number you left lying hopeless on his side table.

Since I broke up with the man I was hopelessly and helplessly in love with…*note…the term used: was…it took me a long time to hit the past tense button*…my girlfriends have mentioned the ‘rebound’ fling and have urged me to take the initiative and leave with the tall, dark handsome stranger who tickles my fancy – after all, they say the only way to get over someone is to get under another, right! Wrong…a man must have come up with that saying…honestly…do you really believe a few minutes *or in some cases seconds* would change months of heartbreak and wash away the tears that stained your sheets…only a woman would fall for that! I hate to generalize but you’re a fool if you believe that and I don’t believe that a one night stand would make it all feel better! Hence, I’ve not done the rebound fling…I find it quite gross and degrading…my past love doesn’t deserve to be made to ‘feel better’ by some stranger who I’ll probably never see again…it deserves a lot more preservation and respect!

No, Grey had it right…"you can’t have sex with a man without having feelings for him…your heart is in your vagina"…and I’m afraid that’s the case for the fairer of the sexes…we’re destined to wishful thinking, dreamed up scenarios of 2nd, 3rd and 10th dates and low and behold, the day that guy uses the 10-digit number to call you back to ‘get to know you better and take you out for a proper date’. Fantasies…what would women do without them…we’d have an awful lot of time on our hands that we wouldn’t know what to do with…well I can think of one thing!

One night stands or non-emotional sex…call it what you like…would you ever do it or do it again?!?

Over and out y’all!

KaB

No comments:

Post a Comment