Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Keeping the balls in my court...

I asked a guy out today.

I just picked up the phone, called his office and spoke to him. *Hot voice*

He seemed intrigued but unfortunately another lucky bitch beat me to the punch...(I must have been onto something good there)...and he said that he'd feel bad if he complied. He was flattered though...of course he was...he's in high demand for f's sake and some random gorgeous-voiced woman just phoned him to ask him out!

Bold move...ah well...at least I asked.

At least I had the bloody guts to phone somebody completely random and ask them out for drinks. It's a first for me but it's opened the flood gates...**now going through my phone number list slash business cards looking for hot single men to phone and book up my weeks with** Is a genuine joke - not going to do that...this dude really got the insides going and am bummed to the core! Balls...he really is a hottie though and seems like a nice enough dude...what with his sincerity and charm felt through the phone. Wish I could've felt something else through the phone!

What is it about women asking men out...so many of my girlfriends were weary of the idea and suggested alternatives, some of the guys thought the idea was great and that it showed initiative. Does that mean you appreciate it if a chick digs you and asks you out or does it mean you're convinced you've got a place to stay the night even before the date has started?!?

Because, although that would be nice on date #you're getting lucky tonight, that's not the point. The point is to take the balls and put them in my own court...so to speak...and to take control of my very own situation rather than wait for some Prince Charming to swoop me off of my feet...I prefer to do the swoop testing myself, you see!

I won't lie...the thought of phoning him sent my insides running...sweaty hands and a sick nauseous feeling swept through me like the plague and I found myself staggering towards the finish line. And when I got there I came second...for goodness sake. Is there no good power type supernatural energy person thingie up there in the Big Blue ready to help a sista out with some good karma and good times!

It just got me thinking...why don't we do this more often, because honestly...it's the 21st Century and women are independent and in control of their lives...except when it comes to dating...so many wait around and expect 'the one' to walk through the door and rescue her from spinsterhood and scrawny old cats licking your old and mouldy body because it's smells dodgy due to lack of hygiene!

Seriously...why do we not ask men out on dates...what's stopping us? The fact that we'll look desperate...needy?!?

I need answers.

Over and out y'all!

KaB

3 comments:

  1. Funny post but not sure what the big deal is about asking a man out. I called LMO first and we all know how that turned out...

    ReplyDelete