Thursday, June 3, 2010

**going down under**

Oh how I miss the days of being a recipient!

But this is not what's got my wondering mind preoccupied at the mo...no...I'm heading to ye criminal island, Australia mate! Land of kangaroos, Jackaroos (mmm...yummo), dingos and their pet babies, Ivan Milat, the great Outback, showgirl Kylie Minogue, Aborigines and of course Hugh Jackman! *I wonder if he's looking for a mate, mate?!?*

One of my 'mates' now resides in Sydney and his family are up the East Coast in a place aptly named 'Surfer's Paradise'...well of course I'd like to go there too...*tick*! We're talking about road-tripping it...which means I'll get to go on ausari (combo of australia + safari...works/ doesn't work?!?) and drive past kangaroos, drunk parrots, Blue Mountains and 10 hours of coastline, I would imagine!

I can see it now...the friend and I destitute a la flat tyre...we make fire like our ancestors, inconspicuously entertaining ourselves with the souvenir didgeridoos and in the distance beyond the blazing flames of our fire stands a lone dingo...salivating at the mouth in want of my flip flops and specially smuggled in South African biltong. *I wonder if a dingo will play fetch with a didgeridoo?!?*

It's an expensive affair...seems that I'm cheating on my family and our usual christmas shenanigans on the SA Wild Coast with my Aussie family and NYE in Sydney harbour...I love me some fireworks...blitz, colours and booms and bangs that preorder my hearing aid for later on in life! I am very excited indeed...whoopa!

Anyone have any tips for the trip...where to go, what to do (perhaps who...sis, I joke)...how to get through a 25 hour flight...help?!?

For now, the weekend is ahead of us...and that entails some much-deserved (and needed) shopping...a trip to my beautician, the purchasing of my patriotic car kit and a whole lot of rugby! Oh...and SATC 2 of course!!!

Have a goodie y'all!

Over & out

KaB

3 comments:

  1. Yay- what you getting? ear muffs, bows for the 'hair' ? Less is more. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *ROFL*...getting two flags for the car...attachments to windows I suppose...and then the mirror cover thingies...I wanted to get mags with the SA flag on them but thought eish, may be a bit too much! Perhaps one flag and the cover thingies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious as usual!

    Now about Auz - My parents loved Surfers Paradise!!! There photos are amazing I'm sure you will love it as well.

    Advice for a 25hr flight, Two Xanex and a glass of wine :) You will sleep like a baby and arrive ready to hit the road!

    Oh and guess what.... Hugh Jackman lives in NYC now, he uses the same line as us, unfortunately I didn't get to see him. I did see Adam Levine from Maroon 5 though, He was at JFK last sunday :)

    ReplyDelete