Monday, September 27, 2010

**I heart Flyboy**

Usually every Monday is greeted with painful "so what did you get up to this weekend" questions multiplied by about 100 times depending on how many people you mistakenly bump into enroute to your desk! (depending on how your drunken night played itself out a la some random dude in the dark corner of a club...one may not want to remember...I wonder if the above-mentioned people ever thought about that before they asked the question...*maybe we don't want to recall, or to be more apt...perhaps we can't in which case we don't want to seem like some drunken whorish go-getter?!?)

Sis, I'm being ugly now *slaps self on wrist*

***side note: am not a drunken, whorish go-getter...just a tipsy, drool-ridden, knee-wobbling fool***

My answer to the weekend question is this...

I did what every eager 6 year old little boy in Cape Town did...I went to the International Airshow at Ysterplaat and spent...oh let me count...1, 2...6 hours watching aeroplanes and helicopters do flick flacks midair with the 'oohs' and 'aahs' of an over-excited audience...*who all left with a crooked neck, might I just add! This was my first and last time of ever going to an airshow and if it weren't for the highlight of the day, I'd have probably said it should've been something I'd have done when I was 8 and impressionable with an unclear future ahead of me *imagines self as fighter pilot amid enemy fire...ah...and Maverick is my boyfriend*.

Said highlight was a real-life version of Tom Cruise a la Top Gun...I was merrily walking through the various 'show' hangers with all the bombs and bullets and army truck stuff that really doesn't get the juices flowing, when a beautiful specimen caught my eye...he was tall, sported the short 'I'm in the army so stare at me' haircut, had the airforce uniform on (I imagined doing sexy time in that uniform) and wore the required aviation glasses for good measure. He was American (my ears perked up when I heard this) and I literally followed my 'Flyboy' through the crowds to his plane...'The Guardian Angel'...if it weren't for our imaginary shexy time in his hot one-piece uniform, I'd have vomitted cheese at the sight of this!

If ever a girl wanted a R-Rated fantasy to come true it was me in that moment with my Flyboy in the cargo hold thingie of 'The Guardian Angel'...*sigh*

The airshow was pretty cool though...if you're into jets and Griffons and Hawks and swashbuckling sword fights...*wait...wrong imaginary story*...then, like every boy that attended the show, you'd have been in your element! And because I'm a girl and not really into these things, I was just happy with the jets!

Well...just happy with the jets and more and more mesmerized by my superman Flyboy!

So...how was your weekend?!?

Over and out!

KaB

No comments:

Post a Comment